Saturday, June 15, 2013

Alternative to pentest folder in Kali (UPDATE)

Many people have complained that Kali doesn't have the folder pentest like Backtrack had.
Well the reason for this is that now Kali uses FHS and because of that the pentest folder was removed.

There are many pros and cons with that decision but the main question is, how do I know what tools I can use?

Yes I know you can go to /usr/share but thats not I had in mind...

How about if you could filter the tools by categories or package, that would make everything easier.


Thats why I create simple bash script to help you do that, with this script you can filter the tools and even gives you the package version and description.



Get it:
git clone git://github.com/Bl4ck5w4n/searchpkg.git
cd searchpkg
sh searchpkg.sh

UPDATE: Now you can use searchpkg with arguments.
searchpkg.sh <filter>

I hope it helps,
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment